We here at Closer love to celebrate all bodies of all different shapes and sizes, but if you're looking for that extra smidge of confidence on your daily workout, the best shapewear leggings are here to help.
If you're feeling a bit insecure about bloating, your stomach or your legs this summer, you may want to invest in leggings that control your tummy and sculpt your curves without any bulges. Basically, shapewear is your knight in shining armour.
Kim Kardashian is the current reigning master with her famous shapewear brand SKIMS, with shapewear dresses, leggings and shorts. SKIMS is popular for a reason - it's life-changing stuff, and the reviews are raving.
SKIMS is a gorgeous brand, but it can be a little bit on the expensive side. Not all of us want to splash out our cash on leggings. So, we've got a guide to the best shapewear leggings to buy online, which includes SKIMS, but also a ton of amazing budget-friendly products from Amazon, John Lewis and M&S.
The best shapewear leggings to buy online in 2023
Part of the official SKIMS Shapewear collection, these sculpting leggings are the G.O.A.T. With
- These come in a variety of colours to suit any skin tone
- The low back means you can wear them under backless dresses.
- The fabric is very thin, so would be suited to wear under things like jeans or dresses - not by themselves.
How are these Gap Power Leggings unique from the rest? Well, they are designed with a four-way
- Made from 79 per cent recycled polyester, meaning less fabric waste.
- Made from moisturise-wicking material
- Sizes are selling out quickly so you'll need to grab them while you can.
These M&S high-waisted leggings are made with patented Magicwear™ material and come in either
- A super affordable piece of shapewear, you can buy these leggings in a variety of leg lengths - short/petite, regular and long.
- They're also not see-through and are perfect for everyday wear by themselves.
- Some reviews state the material is thicker than other shapewear products, so may not be good for exercise or very hot weather.
If you're looking for corset-level suction, look no further than these super affordable Fengbay
- These high-waisted leggings have a corset waist which means you're in complete control of your waist.
- Because they're yoga leggings, they are made of moisture-wicking fabric.
- Have pockets
- These leggings can shrink in a hot wash so we recommend a cold wash only. You are also recommended to size up.
Another piece of shapewear from Amazon, these JOYSPELS leggings are designed to make sure you look
- These are the best shapewear leggings on our list to wear specifically at the gym: with its Y line, quick-drying fabric, and deep pockets.
- There is also a wide range of customisation, with 17 different colours to choose from.
- Some reviews state they can come up a little short on taller women.
Does shapewear actually work?
Heck yes. Shapewear has become extremely popular over the last couple of years because of its ability to contain and accentuate your curvy features without having to do a million workouts at the gym. It takes the idea of a simple garment and elevates it with a combination of sinching, for example transforming a swimsuit into a shapewear swimsuit, meaning body-oddy-oddy at the poolside.
Plus, something like a shapewear bodysuit can be both worn as a top, or under a garment. It has a seam-free design, meaning no bumps or lines under your clothes.
Are shapewear leggings comfortable for daily wear?
Shapewear leggings can be comfortable for daily wear, but it depends on several factors, including the quality, size, and personal preferences. High-quality shapewear leggings are often made with breathable, moisture-wicking materials that enhance comfort. It's crucial to choose the right size to avoid discomfort or restricted movement.
Some people find shapewear leggings comfortable for all-day wear, while others prefer to reserve them for special occasions or when they want a more polished look. Ultimately, comfort is subjective, so it's essential to try on different styles and brands to find what works best for you.
Ruby Barry is a Product Writer for heat, specialising in fashion and beauty. The team has nicknamed her “dupe queen”, as there’s not a product in the world she can’t find a cheaper alternative for.