VIDEO: This is why you should NOT leave your Christmas tree lights on at night

This shocking video shows the devastation that can be caused simply by not turning your Christmas tree lights off at night.

fire

by Jack White |
Published on

As you’ll see, a fire started by tree lights that have overheated can engulf your living room in under a minute.

GANG 'SETS GIRL ALIGHT' AFTER THEY TRY TO MOLEST HER

It’s a government-released video, from the FireKillsCampaign, and it says: “A house fire, most likely sparked by faulty Christmas tree lights, envelopes a living room in a shocking 46 seconds. Fire Kills wants everyone to enjoy their Christmas.

“Check your Christmas tree lights are in good condition, turn them off before you go to bed and be safe at home over the festive season.

“Keeping your tree well watered can also prevent fire from taking hold. Fire kills – you can prevent it.”

READ: POLICE RELEASE INSIGHTFUL LEAFLET ON WHAT TO DO IN TERROR ATTACK

Make sure you buy your lights from a well known retailer and check them before decorating your tree.

It can be tempting to leave the pretty lights on all night, but by turning them off you will not only be staying safe, you’ll save tons on your electric bill!

Watch the eye-opening video and let us know your thoughts.

Just so you know, whilst we may receive a commission or other compensation from the links on this website, we never allow this to influence product selections - read why you should trust us