Sallie Axl and baby Savannah escape scary fire at home

'The flames were a metre high'

Sallie Axl's baby bump and name

by Cate Sutherland |
Published on

Sallie Axl and newborn daughter Savannah escaped a terrifying fire at their home last night.

The glamour model and Big Brother star had already retired for the evening when the fire started.

"Last night my electric heater set alight while me and Savannah were in bed," she wrote in Ok!

"The flames were a metre high and no smoke alarms went off in my apartment even though I have just moved in and they were supposed to be checked."

Little Savannah only arrived two weeks ago and was back in the hospital with mum to ensure they were both completely unharmed.

This isn’t the first time Sallie has experienced a nasty surprise.

At 30 weeks, Sallie was admitted to Whitson Hospital because of a liver problem that was fortunately resolved after what she described as a “terrifying weekend”.

Thankfully Sallie and Savannah are now safe and well.

She just tweeted: "She's still smiling and so am I. No matter what life throws at you…"

Read morer about Sallie:

Sallie Axl slams doctors for ‘handing over dead baby in plastic bag’ following tragic miscarriage

Former Big Brother star tells of domestic violence: "Seeing my own blood couldn't make me leave"

Just so you know, whilst we may receive a commission or other compensation from the links on this website, we never allow this to influence product selections - read why you should trust us